Greater Pearlie Grove M.B. Church
The purpose of the Benevolence Fund is to provide financial assistance to members who are in need on an urgent basis. The Benevolence Fund may not be applicable for cases which need long-term financial support. The church as the right to adjust, disapprove or provide assistance other than monetary help when considering a members' request.
Members are not granted financial assistance based on relationships with church leaders or being a significant church contributor. The church does not discriminate between members based upon race, color, sex, national origin, age, geographic territory, or disability. The Benevolence Committee may provide short-term (or emergency) assistance to ensure that members have the basic necessities such as food, housing, clothing, and medical assistance (including counseling).
The preferred method of providing assistance to pay for a member's needs will be paid directly to the service provider. Assistance my also provided in the form of goods or services. The type of assistance provided will depend on the member's needs and available resources. Completing and signing the application gives the committee approved to contact the vendor where funds are needed.
- Active Member of Greater Pearlie Grove M.B. Church
- The need must be related to a short-term financial crisis (medical emergency, accidents, loss of job, etc.)
- Complete and submit the on-line Benevolence Request form.
- A Deacon will contact the member regarding the request and schedule a meeting, if necessary.
- The Deacon will submit the application to the Benevolence Committee for consideration.
- The Benevolence Committee will approve, deny or ask for additional information within 5 days of receiving your application.
- The member will be made awre of the Benevolence Committee's decision, and a check will be distributed to vendor, if approved.
At the discretion of the Benevolence Committee, the member and spouse (if married) may be required to comply with one or more of the following.
- Provide documentation regarding your income, personal bank accounts and expenses.
- Participation in financial counseling, to include but not limited to, enrolling in a biblical financial management class or completing a workbook on biblical stewardship.